Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adventure & Travel Withdrawal Syndrome

If there is such a thing, I am badly experiencing it lately.
plane
pechur
I miss times when me and Yue (my trusty Nikon D90) experience dangerous and risky moments just like this!
Taken in Guimaras, Iloilo while going on an island hopping adventure. I don't know how to swim. Lemme highlight that. But here we are on a waist-deep water, and how did we get there? Crawled under a mini-cave.  And I, yours truly, crawled with my camera atop my head. I can't get it wet. That's the challenge. 
So far, that experience was the most radical because it involved wateeeeer. Haha! Lugging the camera while on the Danao, Bohol zipline is another story.
m1
Sky walk in Crown Regency Cebu. It rained when we did it. Talk about extra thrill, yes? The platform was slippery and the wind was extra cold and blowing hard.
may2
Trekked to a mini waterfall at the foot of Mt. Apo in Davao. This was an unexpected venture so I went home with my muscles terribly sore and my shoes...are well, muddy. 
Sabi ko nga,  putik na tinubuan ng sapatos.
may4
My first shot experience. And no, not the alcohol one but with a .45 gun. It was exhilarating.
may3
The dehydrating trek in Anawangin. This was my last adventure and it's been a month already from this trip.
And for the past days, all I've been thinking about are my travel plans when the payslip starts coming in again.
I thought this love affair with travel and adventure was ephemeral but it totally became a part of my system -- well, it was one of the things that saved me from a bad heartache and made me see life differently. And I can't wait to get back on track again, the destinations in my head are endless. I'm pretty sure the remaining days of the year will be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

But before that, new work comes in. Payslips comes next.
One payslip, one destination at a time. 
And more adventures for the shark that still can't swim but loves the water!
SCUBA DIVING next please!!! :D
Oh wait, there's still white water rafting.

PS. And I'm still hoping I'll learn how to swim this year. Cliff-diving is still on my list.