Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Hainanese Chicken Craving.



It was past midnight and all I've been thinking about is...Chicken Rice.
Yes I confess that I am a fan ever since I tried Singapore Chicken Rice in Cubao followed by the local chicken rice I tried in Chatuchak Market in Bangkok. It was a combination of everything I liked, chicken and rice.
 
I've heard about Wee Nam Kee a few months back when it opened in Ayala Triangle Gardens and last Saturday, I finally got to try their version (blame the late night cravings). Accompanied by my good friend Lea (proxied as my date for the night, lol), we opted for a quarter steamed chicken and the rice plus a plate of Fried Noodles (if I remember it correctly).
 
We got there past 8PM on a Saturday night and thank God the place wasn't swamped anymore, we were immediately seated.

Overall verdict for that experience is it was okay. I expected too much from it though based from other people's review of Wee Nam Kee's Hainanese chicken. The rice was slightly dry. The craving was satisfied but my taste buds disagreed. Parang mas gusto ko pa yung Singapore Chicken Rice sa Cubao.

I guess the quest for the hainanese chicken will go on.